Sunday, January 10, 2010

2009

So the 2009 "season" has been over for about a month now and I have finally collected my thoughts about it. I know at least 1.5 of our readers have been waiting for my year in review thoughts, so here they our.

Downers for the year
-only one ride @ Platte / if this current trend continues there will be non for me this season
-only one ride @ Lewis & Clark
-crashing less than 15 seconds into the 24 hours of 7 Oaks
-being called out @ the riders meeting for the 24 Hours of 7 Oaks (supposedly I asked too many questions)
-J.A. too hurt to ride in the 24 Hours of 7 Oaks
-the apparent retirement from mtn. biking by J-mac
-riding the trails Joe's rut & Ruts and Ladders @ Fruita
-riding "The Ribbon" backwards
-that more Goatheads couldn't make the annual CO trip
-running out of water our last ride in Fruita
-missing the Stop-to-Stop ride
-having the temp. drop 30 minutes into my first shift @ the 12 hours of Branched Oak / I did not get warm until I got in my car 12 hours later

Highs for the year
-year two @ HighGear (Now Trek Store Omaha)
-taking advantage of working @ a bike store - LOVE my Fuel ex8
-less rides @ Tranquility / more rides @ Jewell and Swanson
-riding my first Century in 20 years / even if I did wear spandex for the day
-having lots of road miles under my belt by the time the trails dried from winter
-crashing less than 15 seconds into the 24 Hours of 7 Oaks
a)calmed me down
b)gave everybody (especially my teamates) something to laugh at
-finishing 3rd @ the 12 Hours of Branched Oak
-finishing 3rd @ the 24 Hours of 7 Oaks
-riding The Ribbon backwards
-Lumpy and I hitting our first free-ride park
-A.B.'s great quotes in Fruita EX. "nice call on the GU pack"
-riding my first Marathon event in the Psycowpath series / on one of the hottest days this summer
-Forget the ruts, any bike trip with the Goatheads is great

No comments: