Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Night Ride

I'd say 98% of the old Tranquility loop was dry. Of the other 2%, most of the wet spots could be avoided.

It was a nice night out! Thanks to the lone worker who was working on the drainage channels!

Sour. Sweet. Gone.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wanna go?

For a variety of reasons, Team Goathead is not taking their annual road trip. However, we felt the need for some type of adventure. So, on July 1st we are joining with The Trek Store of Omaha (Papio location) and taking a one day trip to KC. We will be riding at Landahal. Haven't you wanted to see if Lumpy is really that good? Do you ever ask yourself, "how good of a rider can a window washer be?" Or if your like me, you want to see how A.B. and his custom made bike can handle rock gardens in Missouri.
Guess what for $25.00 you can have all those questions (and more) answered. What you need to do is stop by the Trek Store (Papio) and sign up (and pay) for your trip. We will meet at the store at 5:30 am, pack up the Sprinter Van/Trailer and head South. Sometime Friday evening we will leave KC and return to Omaha. Bring money for meals.

This ride is for ANYBODY who likes to mtn. bike. Are you a Psycowpath regular - let's go! Is one lap at Swanson your idea of an endurance event - sign up now. Incredible riding ability is not required, just a desire to ride your bike! If you have any further questions please e-mail Miah Sommer,

Crags, CO


















Monday, June 20, 2011

Back from Breck

A couple posts ago, Jon talked about the perks of working at a bike shop... I want to add something to the list....... Taking the trek van to Colorado

Apparently, La Nina (which is Spanish for "The Nina") is pounding the Rockies with snow. So it was a little tough to find a trail to ride. It took a couple of days, but I did find a trail that went from Breck to Frisco that was mostly without snow.

Big thanks to the Trek Store for the van. It was a great trip.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

NY Bike Lanes

We gave it a tri

Okay, that was a bad pun. However, last Saturday JA and myself competed in our first triahlon. It was trainig for the Xterra Tri that Lumpy, JA, and myself are doing in August.

The city of Plattsmouth holds a sprint tri, an excellent beginner event.
The swim was only 300 yds in a pool. Not too hard, but a great way to prepare for the longer even in August. Jeff and I had give a time for our swim that meant we started almost a half hour after the first swimmer. Since it was a chipped time event, that really didn't affect anything. When my turn to start came I was a little nervous and a little excited. Evidently a little too excited, I forgot to take regular breaths and had to stop at one end for about 5 seconds to catch my breath. ROOKIE MISTAKE.

The swim was eventually over and it was on to the bike. My transition was SLOW, but eventually I was on the road. Thanks to Lumpy, I had a bike more suited for a Tri than any bike I owned. I was hoping to catch JA, but after my bad swim and slow transition it was going to take awhile. Just after the turnaround point, JA and I hooked up and set a pretty good pace back to the finish. Next up - the run.

We had previewed the course and new what to expect - hills, hills, and more hills. So after another slow transition time, JA and I were on the run course. There was a flat section about halfway into the run and then it was back to the hills.
As I ran across the finish line I was a little surprised - 1 hour 15 minutes. My goal was 1hr. 20min or even 1hr 30min. About 3 minutes later JA came across the line. Once again, another enjoyable endurance event for Team Goathead