Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Two down, several hundred to go

Well, as of this evening, I've introduced Swanson to two different co-workers within a week. Shane and Brian did awesome. Both will be back I'm sure. Brian entered manhood today with his first, real honest-to-goodness-mtb-crash-that-included-blood-and-bruises. Welcome to the other side! Now you can ride with no fear.

Also, during the beginning of our ride this evening, we got out of the way of a rider who was obviously going to need to pass us in his shiny jersy. As he passed I said, "Hey Mod", and I think he thought I said, "Hey I'm slower than mud." It's fun to call out people's nicks who don't really know you, even though you helped them lay down some logs a couple days ago. Felt but unseen; It's all part of the magic of being a GoatHead.

4 comments:

Lumpy said...

Team Goathead; growing the sport one bad mountain biker at a time.
Keep up the good work Jess. This weekend, I'm taking a group of kids from Nebraska School for the Blind out to Jewell. I think they'll look good in a Goathead jersey......at least I'll tell them they do.

TheProfessor said...

I am banned from taking anybody new by myself. Last time I tried introducing somebody to mtn. biking they ended up in the hospital with a dislocated shoulder.


Oh and it was my father-in-law, does that make the story worse?

Unknown said...

I'm recruiting as many as I can from work too, though I'm less than exemplar. =)

jc4300 said...

Well, I've gotten one co-worker's bike all banged up, and another co-worker's body all banged up. I think crashing motivated one to actually get more serious, but I'm not sure about the other one. His wife has forbidden him from riding until after they move next month so he doesn't break an arm or something. :)

Good luck jason - and carry on the message of mtb goodness.