Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Weekend

Due to work schedule at the shop, I had to spend the weekend by myself. When I wasn't at work I filled the time with riding.
On Friday, my family headed to Central Iowa. As they headed East, they dropped me and J-mac off in Malvern. The Wabash Trace runs through there and that meant a trail back to CB. Did you know part of the Wabash is paved? I have to be honest, I think the Wabash loses part of its charm without the crushed limestone. As we got back to CB, J-mac got back in his car and I headed towards the South Omaha Bridge to get back home. So far, the weekend plan was coming together.


On Saturday I had to work at the shop. The only riding would be the commute to the shop and back home. Still, a short ride is better than no ride.
On Sunday I got two rides in. I didn't go to church until 11:30, so I put an AM ride in on the road. Didn't think that on Easter Weekend I would have to wear my winter clothes. Oh well, the ride was great. In the afternoon I headed to Tranquility. I have heard all about the new section they added North of Fort street and I wanted to ride it. I will say this about Dale and the THOR crew in charge of Tranquility, they do an incredible job with the land they have access to. I think that Swanson, L & C, Jewell, and Platte all have better terrain. But THOR really gets everything it can out of Tranquility. The new re-route is great, even if it does nothing more than make a loop longer.
Thanks THOR!

No comments: