Monday, April 30, 2007

Who likes tacos?

This is starting to get old. I think I've got a 2:1 ride to failure ratio. It seems like every couple of rides, I pay for with another broken part. Some, a little more costly than others. Some, a little more bizarre and disturbing than others. Apparently the flow left town and took my pride with him. Luckily, only the entire Bellevue Fire and Rescue department saw.




Mark took the picture. Thanks buddy. He was also kind enough to build me a new custom wheel, strong enough to handle the fury, or the flow, whichever seems to be present at the time.
So the story goes like this: Mark said that the trail was like glue, which it was. The Rampages supposedly bite hard in the corners, which they do. So the tires and the trail formed a velcro-like partnership, leaving my front rim to fend for itself. I'm sure the super low tire pressure played a part in this situation also. As you can see, the tire was completely peeled off and twisted around the rim and tube. The rim didn't even put up a fight. Mark gave it the best trailside persuasion I had ever seen, but there was no bringing it back. Throw it on the pile of carnage.
If there are any manufacturers out there that make parts they think are bombproof, give me a call. I'll be more than happy to break them for you.

4 comments:

Lumpy said...

I feel for ya big man.

I talked to the Professor last night, he told me to bring my spare bike tonight for you to ride......If anyone would like to come out and watch Austin break my bike, we'll be at Tranquility around 7.

A.B. said...

That won't be necessary Lumpy, MOD finished my wheel in like an hour this morning! That guy is a wheel building stud.

Lumpy said...

Did you hear that?....It was my bike breathing a huge sigh of relief.

A.B. said...

Oh, don't you worry, little white Trek. Your day will come...