Tuesday, April 10, 2007

4 rode in / 2 walked out



This has been the worst start to a mtn bike season for me. First it was the weather and lately it has been my bike. I was going to celebrate the risen Savior by enjoying His creation (in other words I was going to squeeze in a ride at swanson with Lumpy). We got there and met up with the official Goathead mechanic (Skinny D) and his buddy from the Trek store. The weather wasn't too bad and the trail was pretty good. A mile into the ride somebody got a flat, a half mile later I caught a little air (very little) came down and could tell something didn't sound right. I looked and couldn't see anything. I thought my wheel was bent, it wasn't. I rode some more and the sound persisted. After looking more closely at my bike I realized my chainstay broke!!!! I thought that only happened on Haros at Tranquility. Oh well. Hey, anybody have a Magma I can borrow????

4 comments:

T-bone said...

That sucks dude. Maybe you want to give SS a try. You can pick up a nice one for $1k or less.

A.B. said...

Being the climb-loving animal that the Professor is, you'd think so, but he thinks I'm crazy to ride SS. If anyone could handle it, and maybe enjoy it, it'd be him.
Hope everything works out for ya, buddy!

cvo said...

dude, that totaly sucks.

I ride a single speed all the time,

but unlike the other guys when I wana change my gearing ratio. instead of taking off the wheel, cog, and adjusting the chain...

I just move my fingers and then i'm in another one gear....

Mark Savery said...

poser :)