Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lock it up!

12 trails in 5 days.
Keystone(I Guess that's a trail), Dakota Ridge, Prime Cut, Zippety-Doo-Da, Kessler Run, Holy Cross, Vegetarian loop, Chutes and Ladders, Joe's Ridge, The Ribbon, Horse Thief Bench and More Fun Trail......... That was exhausting!

I have my own thoughts about Fruita, but instead of sharing those I think I'll just share some of the pictures. Hopefully the other Goatheads will post their thought on the trip.
(Stay tuned for a more pictures and videos. It was a well documented trip, now I just need to do some editing)










5 comments:

TheProfessor said...

First off, a couple of trails need to have a name change, Vegetarian Rut, Ruts and Ladders, and Joe's Rut.

Okay, trails were awesome!!!!! Road 18 were okay, but not worth the drive out to Fruita. However, Mary's Loop, Horesthief, and even Moore Fun were well worth the drive. The Lunch Loop in Grand Junction was also a great system of trails.

What did you say? We are supposed to ride up the road and down The Ribbon Trail - now you tell me. The Goatheads did it opposite and had probably the most brutal climb I have ever done (and loved it)

Rusty Car said...

what? you climbed the Ribbon? are you nuts? do you have any tread left? better man than me...

Lumpy said...

The funny thing is we asked two different people near the trail-head and they both told us to do it that way. It was brutal!

By the way, thanks for that website, we used it a ton....... Too bad it didn't help us with the Ribbon. I guess it takes more than a great website to over come our collective stupidity.

TheProfessor said...

Two more mistakes made on the trip
a)waiting to ride Mary's Loop, Horse Thief, and Moore Fun the last day. J-mac will be mad he missed it - by the time we reached the highest point of the ride I had reached my breaking point
b)another mistake made was too little water. We hit the Kokopelli trail on the hottest day of the week 100+ and ran out of water 3.5 miles from the end.

Rusty Car said...

Glad the site came in handy.

Well, I think the locals frown on shuttling the Ribbon, so it doesn't suprise me. If a tourist asks... they probably like to play that little joke.

Looks like you had a great trip.