Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunday Ride

So I go into Highgear on Saturday and Miah asks if I want to do a century on Sunday. He says him and some of the other guys at the shop are going to do the first stage of RAGBRAI. To make it a century we were going to ride to Red Oak (day one) and then turn around and ride back to Omaha. Before really thinking about what I was saying I blurted out, "Yes, I'll do it". Okay, well I don't think the Soho S or EX 8 are good for a century so I need a bike for the day. Thankfully Paul donated a bike to the cause. It wasn't great, but it helped get the job done.



As we started the ride Miah did play a little theme music for us.



Obviously what makes this ride fun or famous are the people. Wow there were people everywhere. As we got to Mineola the road was so crowded we actually had to walk our bikes. When we finally got to Red Oak it was lunch time. For me that meant Steak Kabob. The rest of Team Miah enjoyed other types of red meat.





Of course now the real fun was about to begin, the ride home. My good buddy Lowell Peterson and I road back together. Remember how crowded Mineola was, when we came back through it looked like a ghost town.



When I finally reached my car I had gone 120+ miles. WOW!!!! I haven't gone that far in 20 years. My body feels fine, except for my pinky finger on my right hand. It is kind of numb. Thanks to my HG buddies for a great group ride.
By the way, sorry to Team Goathead for not wearing the official jersey. I needed pockets to carry fuel for the road.

No comments: