Thursday, June 05, 2008

Smithville Lake







There are a lot of MTB trails in the Kansas City are so I might buy a house, I think maybe I could afford this one that we passed on the way back.....little bit of a fixer-upper.....







My brother and I went to Smithville Lake today to ride. (its about 25 miles south of St. Joseph, MO) It was the only place around that was supposed to be dry enough to bike. It was dry enough......but it had its issues.

We rode for about an hour and a half through some really nice trails, except for the 1-to-1 peddle-stroke to cobweb ratio. Literally, our helmets were black when we started, but white from cobwebs when we finished. .........that wasn't the worst part.....

ticks......lots of these.....................................and those...........
and a gazillion of those bottom ones. Literally, my brother counted 60 ticks on himself/clothes. Only 4 got around to digging in on the two of us though. Needless to say, our stop for water ended up being the end of our riding for the day.

1 comment:

ajb said...

nasty. I hate those things...