Sunday, June 08, 2008

Do you feel a draft?

Not really mt bike related other than I got to ride around on it in my neighborhood and take some pics. The tornado hit about 2 blocks to the east and 2 to the south from my house- we are ok, no damage or anything. Down the street to the east:

The other way to the south:

I didn't hear of anyone getting hurt so that is a good thing. We heard some loud weird noises outside around 230a.m. and turned on the TV. They said thunderstorm warning so we just thought no big deal but when sirens went off 2 or 3 minutes later we took everyone downstairs. By then I think the tornado had already passed us. Outside there are police and street crews everywhere right now, and they are doing a good job of cleaning up the neighborhood and keeping the streets cleared of people sightseeing-there was tons of traffic before they closed the roads (of course it didn't stop me and my bike and my camera).

4 comments:

jc4300 said...

Wow - glad you guys are all ok! We were out in western NE and got a good bit of rain and some hail, but nothing like that. Crazy!

Mark Savery said...

Dude that's crazy, I'm glad you're ok.

Will we be seeing you guys in mid-town soon? It's safer you know!

A.B. said...

Yeah, we were thinking of you guys when we heard about the damage down there. Glad everyone's okay.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your fam is safe. Thanks god no one got hurt

word on midtown mark, i didn't know there was tornado until like 1pm on sunday