Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Donnie called, he'll meet you in Moab.

Ever since I bought my first mountain bike, I've been told Moab was the ultimate destination. So Team Goathead loaded into the Winnebago and headed west to check it out. After a quick stop and ride in Denver, we made our way to Utah. Surprisingly, there wasn't much fanfare when we rolled into town. Obviously they haven't heard of us....yet. We figured that since this was our first time in Mecca, we should ride the two most popular trails.
Day one: Porcupine Rim. If you like long twisting single track over smooth and grippy soil that allows you to focus on becoming one with mother earth as you slalom through the trees, then you'll hate Porcupine Rim. But if you like mile after mile of rock gardens, endless 2-4 ft drops and 300 ft sheer cliffs around every corner, then this trail was made for you....and for me. Porcupine Rim is now my favorite trail of all time.
Day two: Slick Rock. There is really no way to describe slick rock. Even the pictures and video we took don't do it justice. I've heard it said that it's like riding on the surface of Mars......Nonsense! I've seen the video sent back from the Mars rover, Mars ain't got nothing on Slick Rock. I'm guessing there's little green men on bikes somewhere saying "holy crap! this is awesome! it's like we're on the surface of earth!".

Here's a few pictures from the trip. The other Goatheads are strongly encouraged to post their own reviews. I'll be working on some video. Hopefully I'll have it ready for public viewing soon.






No comments: