Monday, March 15, 2010

FINALLY

Because a)global warming caused a long snow cover and b)I wimped out from commuting to work this winter - yesterday was the first time I rode my bike since December. Way behind on miles, Lumpy and I rode from North O to Crescent, IA. Okay so to a lot of people 34+ miles isn't super long. However, when the Goatheads first started we might start with 1 lap at Swanson (in May) or a 10 miler on the Keystone.
Yesterday HURT!!! There was a hill about 4.5 miles outside of Crescent that made me wish I had an FX and not my Soho S. After that, Lumpy and I put on a two man time trial clinic into Crescent. Lumpy has the computer, not me, but we must have hit at least 15 mph. Had we had a TT helmet and a skin suit we might have cracked 17 mph. All I know is that our drafting skills are AWESOME!! The ride back to his house went better, except having to climb up Burt St.
This is Spring Break at GU so I am hoping to put some miles in this week. Afterall whenever I race my annual Psycowpath event I want to be in shape so I don't do anything stupid - like crash at the beginning of the race.

Oh, the real highlight from yesterday were the two bald eagles we saw near L & C. Lumpy claims one of them had a baby kangaroo in its mouth.

1 comment:

Lumpy said...

Question: Is it a crime to throw rocks at a bald eagle?
I didn't want to harm it, I just wanted to see it take off so that I could chant U.S.A! U.S.A.!