Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I got fixed

After riding the Soho for about 6 months I finally flipped my hub and made it a fixed gear bike. I rode to High Gear last night and Grace today. Amazingly I only forgot twice that I couldn't coast. Not sure what I think about the whole fixed gear craze. It wasn't as hard as I thought, but I am not sure what the big thrill is. I'll probably keep it like this for awhile and see if the craze grows on me.
On another note, I think this was the coldest day I have ridden to work. It was 43 when I left home. I am guessing in about a month we will be praying for it to be that warm.
I don't know how or when but the Goatheads need one more group ride this season. Actually we just need one group ride period.

1 comment:

A.B. said...

I want to see picture of a pile of brakes, cables, and levers by tomorrow morning's commute. ;)

+1 for group ride