Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Why?

Since I don't have some epic ride to post about I thought of a question that would provide some interesting feedback. Why did you pick up mountain biking? There are a lot of sports/hobbies to choose from, why did you pick up mountain biking? Here is my story. I used to ride road bikes in high school. After my freshmen year of college I was in a unfortunate bike accident that made me want to avoid bikes for about 10 years. One weekend I was on a camp out with my Sunday school class and Lumpy was going for a ride with J.A. I borrowed a friend's bike and joined them on a ride that was less than a mile. I got back to the camp site and announced to my wife I needed to buy a mountain bike. She said great and three days later I purchased a Raleigh. So . . . why do you love the dirt?

2 comments:

Lumpy said...

I ride because my friends ride....If my friends stapled carpet to their faces and ran around scaring old people, I'd do that to.

jc4300 said...

I ride because it's less painful than staples.

That and running is boring.

And you guys made me.