Saturday, August 23, 2008

Since commuting is all the rage these days...

...I decided to give it a shot. I figured, "It's Saturday, traffic won't be bad, it won't matter if I'm late, it won't matter if I have a catastrophic failure and don't make it at all. If I do make it, it's just extra OT." It's probably not a big deal for those of you who commute by bicycle every day, but I've always figured I lived too far away from work to ride (omahorn, or elkaha, or whatever to downtown)


So, I got up, ate breakfast, packed my gear, applied a liberal helping of MonkeyButt, and left the house in the dark this morning. I headed east on Maple to 90th, south to Dodge, and east to downtown. Nice sunrise, but I didn't get any pictures until I got downtown because my phone camera doesn't take very good low-light pictures.





1 block from the office





Fantom Cyclist



I got a garment bag too (clothes rolled up in a Target bag and shoved in bottle cage)

Total mileage: 14.72 miles in 1 hour

Total footage: 77,721.60' in 60 minutes

Total inchage: 932,659.20" in 3600 seconds

Total # of wheel rotations: 10,237.08

Total # of crank rotations (if I were pedaling the entire time): 5,758.38

Don't even get me started on how much more work it would've been on a 26"er.........just messing with you guys!

4 comments:

Lumpy said...

Did you ride home?

A.B. said...

No, we had to head out of town this afternoon, so my wife picked me up. I felt good, though. I think I could've made it.

Lumpy said...

Either way, that's a man size commute. Nice work.

jc4300 said...

Awesome commute ride! I like the pics. Your bike rack is pretty sweet. ;)