Thursday, August 14, 2008

Life's too busy

My students come back to campus this weekend. That means summer is nearing an end and that we are in the last stages of the mountain bike season. Trying to rate how the season has gone is proving difficult. Going by miles, I have been able to ride more at this point in the season than all of last year. However, a lot of those miles have been as a solo Goathead. I bough my first (and ONLY) single speed bike this year and love it. But the very wet June we had meant that I rode 90% of my miles on that and hardly any on my Fuel. Rode Landhal for the first time and it is a great course. Unfortunately not all our bikes made it out in one piece and not all the Goatheads could go. In fact I don't think we have had a single ride where all Goatheads were present and that sucks.
So with this seasons rating in flux I am focusing all my attention on the 5 0. If all four Goatheads particpants come through with their bike still together and their body in one piece I believe the season will be considered a success.

Other season highs
-J.A.'s new bike (from HighGear)
-Lumpy's new commuter (I forgot where he bought that)
-J-macs new carbon fiber rear triangle
-night ride at Indian Cave

Other season lows
-JC4300 having fork issues
-few A.B. sightings
-Lumpy's frame snapping
-the cancellation of the 3 2 1 cycling challenge
-manawa being closed almost all summer

No comments: