Thursday, January 25, 2007

Competition makes us stronger!

I've been reading about a winter riding competition on some of the other Omaha area MTB blogs. Participants receive points by logging their rides and submitting them to their leader to be tallied. They get more points based on how cold it is and how long you ride. Plus bonus points for riding with friends. I love this idea, It just needs to be tweaked a little bit for us to have a Goathead version of the competition. This should tide us over till spring.

Here's the point system I've come up with so far:

Thinking about going for ride = 20 points
(10 Bonus points for talking about a potential ride with a friend)
Watching a mountain bike video = 20 points
(40 bonus points for inviting friends over to watch a video)
Reading a mountain bike magazine = 20 points
(-10 points for reading a MTB mag with a friend, that's kinda gay)
Buying gear to be used when it warms up = 20 points
Posting on a MTB blog = 50 points
Deciding to stay on the couch and play Madden instead of riding = 100 points
(40 bonus points for playing Madden with friends, another 20 if you feed them)
Actually going for a ride = 0 points
(the ride itself should be enough reward)

I'm open for suggestions if you think I need to include points for any other activities.
Start tallying your points and email them to me. The winner will be announced in March. First place gets a pair of sunglasses from Bucky's Amoco. Second place gets a Papoosa (sp?) from Costa El Sol.
Good Luck!

4 comments:

TheProfessor said...

can we count points since winter began or does the count start now

A.B. said...

What if I post a video on the blog that is viewed by a dozen people, and after I do so, I grab my bike magazine and head to a public restroom, where I sit and read it aloud to all who enter? How many points do I get then?

sailforce5 said...

what if I play a mountain bike video game, how many points for that?

jc4300 said...

This is a point system I can understand!