Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A little late, but . . .

Here are my thoughts about the 2006 mtn bike season.

LOWS
-missing out on riding the opening race at Tranquility with my fellow Goatheads
-no JC in Colorado
-no A.B. at 7 0aks
-only three rides at Platte
-Lumpy's near catastrophe at Jewell
-a course marshal sending Lumpy on another loop at the CSG adventure race
-my flat at the CSG adventure race
-racing through the mud at Swanson

HIGHS
-our biggest attended road trips ever / 5 to CO & 7 to 7 Oaks
-the addition of Jewell to the mtn bike circuit in Omaha
-the addition of Donnie to the world of Mtn. biking
-Team Lunch Buttet's performance at CSG adventure race
-Team Goathead overcoming mishaps to finish in the top third at CSG adventure race
-entering the world of dual suspension bikes (I love my Trek Fuel 80)
-riding "real" hills out in Denver
-connecting Lumpy's dwelling to my casa with a bike ride (oh yeah with stops at L & C and Manawa)
-being able to share the thrills of mtn. biking with the best set of men in the world

3 comments:

jc4300 said...

"Team Lunch Buttet"?? Wow - thanks for sharing how you *really* feel. :)

jc4300 said...

Good list, I second.

TheProfessor said...

My deepest apologies to my GOOD friends on Team Lunch BUFFET