Monday, October 02, 2006

No complaints here

If you have never been to Seven Oaks to bike, and/or camp, I think all the Goatheads would agree, it's worth the gas to make the drive up from Omaha. At only 2 1/2 hours away it's perfect for a weekend trip. The single track is luscious! With a little over 7 miles of wooded trails that take advantage of every nook and cranny the Iowa country side has to offer. One of the things that I like about it is you feel like the trails actually take you somewhere, as opposed to many of the trails we have in Omaha that snake around in tight circles (which are fun in their own way). I think we all came to the conclusion that Seven Oaks is both physically challenging and somewhat technically challenging. It has several tight switchbacks going both up and down steep grades. I already have Seven Oaks penciled into my calendar for the first week of October '07.





No comments: