Friday, March 23, 2007

BitterSweet

Since the first week in January I have been training with J.A. for the Lincoln Marathon. Two weeks ago, I got pain in my knee that made it nearly impossible to run. Long story short, marathon training is over. That really stinks. I have never run a marathon and was looking forward to it. J.A. and I ran in some horrible conditions: freezing temps, blowing snow, rain, etc. Was all that for naught? On Wednesday I tried running and couldn't make it 1.5 miles. Does this mean no adventure race? That would be more disappointing than missing the marathon.
On the bright side, all those running miles will help with mtn. biking endurance (I hope). Also, it freed up a lot more time for riding. Yesterday was my first trail ride of the year (wow it is already March 23rd).

No comments: