Friday, September 08, 2006

New playground

On my commute home yesterday I ducked into Hefflinger Park to check out the BMX park and help out for a bit. Nobody was there except for a couple kids, so I jumped on the track and rode it a few times. VERY COOL!!! I had a blast. It's also a lot of work. After a couple of runs, my legs had a nice burn going. It's not the type of thing I would do all the time, but it'll be a fun once-in-while excursion to break the monotony. Since it's so close to Tranquility, it will be super convenient to swing over there and do a few cool down runs. I'm curious to see how crowded it gets. If it dries up quickly after the weekend rain, we may have to get a group ride together next week. On my way out of the park I saw Skinny D pulling in. By that time I had to get heading home so I couldn't stay to help. Thus I continue my usual practice of reaping the benefits of other people’s labor. I think the Goatheads should try to show up in mass at the next trail work day.
Who's camp'n this weekend?
Don't forget, 7-Oaks on the 30th.

2 comments:

jc4300 said...

We're showing up for Saturday afternoon if it's not pouring.

I'd be up for checking out the BMX course. I'm curious what it looks like. I was at Tranquility last night. I spaced the TNR announcement this week - but there were tons of riders there, so I'm thinking I took part in TNR without planning on it.

A.B. said...

Sounds cool! I've been thinking about taking "the child I call my son" down there to roll around on. Lately, we've been riding around on dirt and ruts and stuff, and he's loving it. He's gonna be a natural.