Monday, September 17, 2007

Let's do it again

Wow, what a great experience at Manawa this weekend. J.A. and I had never done a 12 hour race, never gone farther than 40 miles in a day, and haven't ridden more than 8 laps at Manawa all year. A big thanks to everybody who put on the event. It was very well run.
On advice from an expert, J.A. and I rode two lap shifts. J.A. rode the first leg and put us right in the middle of the pack (PERFECT). By the time I finished my first shift the field was pretty spread out. From then on when I got passed I didn't know if I was losing position or getting lapped. Of course when I passed somebody it was the same thing (lapped or position?). By the 7th hour I am pretty sure most of the passing involved people being lapped and not position. At about 4:00 MOD informed me that we were in the top three. J.A. ended up riding one more lap than I did because I missed the 9:30 cutoff for starting new laps. Oh well, our 23 laps were good enough for 2nd place.
Thanks to our families and fellow Goatheads who cheered us on.
Lumpy, J.C., A.B., J-mac we hope to see you at the event next year.

2 comments:

A.B. said...

I plan to participate next year.

Mark Savery said...

Thanks for coming out guys, it was as much fun watching you guys as it probably was riding. Bigger and Better...see ya next year!